Tuesday, June 06, 2017

XD30 – Day 6 – You Learn Something Every Day



                I came to the job training uneasy because I hated group work. I dread it like the plague. I had to travel to another quadrant in DC so it was a new experience. That neighborhood was nothing like DuPont but I was still happy for the opportunity. I learned during this morning that because I was a career permanent federal employee that I had lifetime reinstatement eligibility! That was completely mindblowing and more than worth my time being there. Now I knew that if I wanted to, not only could I return to the government, but I could apply for a higher grade using my reinstatement. This turnaround my entire fortune because now I knew that I could get back in and earn money.
                On another note, although I told the trainer that I would bring my laptop, I did have some apprehension as soon as I left the building because I would have to go through the metal detectors. Yeah, that would be no fun. I will still bring it with me tomorrow just in case. I will also bring my charger. I will see what happens. I am just thankful that I am learning from a professional and glad that I’ve received the referral.

                Now that I have covered the workday. I am going to discuss my personal experience. I did not know that the crosstown bus was at this metro station. This is great because with the shuttle bus running, I need an alternative route home. I feel like this is an added bonus for me because I have never gone to the end of the line before; but, if those little druggies board the shuttle then I am hopping on the bus and rolling home. 

No comments: