Friday, June 16, 2017

XD30 – Day 15 – The More You Know


                In the midst of my financial struggle (I awoke to a negative charge after seeing a positive balance the day before), I used the cash in my pocket to priority mail my order, changed clothes and rolled to the contracting conference. I had to get out of my space and keep my mind off of that craziness. I also wanted to see the former mayor of Cleveland who now ran a women’s public policy think tank. The free conference was literally right down the street; and, the same place I worked a couple of months ago. Immediately when I walked into there I thought ‘maybe I should had signed up for this’. However, they fed us which was good enough. I learned so much especially all of the free resources that were available for me looking for federal government contracting opportunities. The only drawback was no charging stations. I had to walk home to recharge my cell phone. I returned to the ending reception where I ate pina colada cotton candy but I still missed 2 sessions because of no charging stations.

                Attending this conference afforded me another opportunity to talk about something besides eBay and project management on Periscope. Look I love making money via livestream hawking my wares but talking about the conference that I attended is a breath of fresh air. People get to see what else I can talk about. I will check into another conference to hobnob and learn more about making money and new topics in the very near future. 

No comments: