Saturday, February 11, 2006

Watch Your Signs!

Of course, everyone know that there three different kinds of signs: stop, go and caution. Sometimes in life certain situations send you signs. Well, today life sent me a caution sign: the professor returned our test (I scored an 80% then told me that he didn’t have me on his list (in front of the entire class!) Okay. During the lecture I searched my email folder for the emails regarding my enrollment and taking the assessment exam. Throughout the majority of the class, I tried to email CSU about this situation but the cell phone sent an error message. During the break I called both the community college math department coordinator and the CSU economics secretary regarding this matter and left voicemail messages. After class, the professor said once again in front of the class that he would have to “kick me out” if I a not on his list. (Okay that just made me more determined to resolve this matter.) This will be resolved Monday because taking this math course has helped me immensely.

Undeterred, I walked to the library to print the emails and to obtain as much information as possible about my situation. The math dept coordinator’s email informed me that she authorized me to enroll; however, when I tried to register electronically, the system spat me out! Then I emailed CSU to schedule a Monday lunch break meeting because I need to resolve this. In the message I included the campus’ admissions and records phone number ( I am really reeling because I had the transient approval letter, took the assessment exam, and scored an 80% on the test! I have traveled too far to be turned away now!) That’s why I went to the math lab to receive assistance with my homework because I know that I am capable of handling everything and with each right answer served as a confidence booster.

Now I am currently searching other community colleges that are on quarter schedules just in case this plan falls through I will land on my feet!

No comments: