Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Exhibiting Patience

When I awoke today, I had grandiose plans about exponentially increasing my productivity by completing cases faster than yesterday. Then everything came crashing down: I have to rebuild two cases and change the surname on one case. While helping me with one of my cases, the team lead advised me to read the binder; thus, I took it home to read (if I’m taking micro and macro seriously I might as well study this also. Besides, I’m getting paid so I should!) As soon as I arrive home I will read it because I know that I need to be patient, ask more questions (even if they seem dumb to me!) and not to dodge potential problem cases because they come back to haunt me ( just like today).

I want to perform better on my job but I have a tendency to want to push my way through everything. Everything must be fast, and, of course, sometimes, I make mistakes. Then sometimes when I do not ask questions because the responses create a feeling of inadequacy, however, if I am to excel at this job, I must get over it starting right now. I can do the work, it’s the rest of the occupation and work environment that I’ll have to adjust to in order to excel.

No comments: