Monday, February 06, 2006

The Learning Curve

Today was my first full day on the job and it was a bit of a learning curve involved because we weren’t trained on this material during the initial two-week session; and, everything just bombarded us. Luckily, we learned on my computer so I got first dibs on everything; yet, it was still trying. However, I did come away with some knowledge that would assist me in becoming a better, more effective employee.

Lunch was the high point of my day because I reunited with most of my old pals from the last training session. Everyone save one person worked at headquarters. Two were right across the hall :). Even though lunch was pricey (the cheeseburger combo cost $4.99. For that amount, I could have purchased the McDonald’s BigNTasty for $4.43!), I enjoyed myself because I had an hour to distress; however, Tuesday, I will venture to my old stomping ground: the Marketplace!

Today’s macroeconomics class was a much needed repeat over the homework problems and chapter 3. Real GDP had given me problems, however, the professor’s explanation clarified it for me. Still I will rewrite today’s notes and reread the chapter to further understand the material (even though after class, the professor insisted that I don’t read the chapter until he lectured that evening!)

I must say that this relieves a lot of my burden because now I can devote myself towards microeconomics and music! :)

No comments: