Thursday, February 09, 2006

Trial by Fire

Omg! I cannot believe it. Today was the worst work day thus far because instead of receiving four cases, we got seven cases. My always were the wackiest and today was no exception because I had three builds and four merges and every case had something wrong with it. Case in point: two cases had insufficient information and I mistakenly entered the wrong information then printed the wrong letter. And, if that wasn’t bad enough, the computer system started spitting out the wrong phone number forcing me to white it out and write the correct number over it. As soon as 4:30 hit, I ran for the door!

Luckily, today is voice lesson allowing me to de-stress and be happy because during that entire hour my focus is on hitting high notes and concentrating on my craft which is a welcomed respite from everyday life. This exercise releases negative tension because I cannot remain low for long. The only bad thing is not eating until after my lesson and the cafeteria is closed by then; however, attending the monthly meeting, I consumed Quizno’s the entire evening!  The speaker discussed entrepreneurship in the black community and was inspiring and offered great tips and advice which were thought provoking! For instance, she advised the audience to concentrate on each one of the ten keys of successful entrepreneurship per month which was great because dividing the entire approach enables me to view and measure my progress. Afterward I purchased her book because I really wanted to read it for a very long time. However, the lecture also focused on frugality therefore budgeting is key towards becoming a successful entrepreneur. Tomorrow is payday so now is high time to create one. Besides putting a financial plan in action is important towards realizing my goals.

I am happy that today has ended on a high note and I will bring this positive energy into Friday.

No comments: