Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Seize the Day (Carpe Diem)

Both the professor and the math director approved me to enroll in Intermediate Algebra! I am so ecstatic because this course perfectly complements my microeconomics and macroeconomics classes. Even though this Saturday is the first test, because I have studied this subject during my winter break I fully believe that I will score at least 95%!

Immediately upon receiving the good news via email, I boarded the 247 en route to the community college bookstore where I purchased the book and study guide (hey I buying every conceivable educational supplement available to ensure that I earn an A! ) and ran into my brother’s friend’s mother (Though I bumped into her yesterday at the Counseling department, I did know who she was until she mentioned her son. Oops!) To my amazement she told me about how her son was extremely proud of me during my undergraduate career (Who knew? Honestly, I did not know that this many people were talking about me.) Then she asked which major I was pursuing. I responded economics. We then parted way and I rode the 247 back to CSU.

The moral of this story: Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. Therefore, seize every opportunity available.

On a bad note: Ohio Governor ratified House Bill 3 making all Ohioans display identification upon casting a ballot during this November 2006 election. The problems with this legislation are that even though the State ID is an official form of identification the U.S. passport is excluded even though this form verifies both citizenship and work authorization; thereby, violating both the tenth amendment (the federal government did not will to the states the right to decide if federal identification was subordinate to state id) and the fourteenth amendment of equal protection.

No comments: