Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday, Monday

After leaving a voice mail and emailing the math dept coordinator, she still did properly authorize me to enroll in Intermediate Algebra; thus, once again, I will have to forgo lunch to make my arduous trek to Tri-C to register again! L This is ridiculously unbelievable! I huffed it from my job to E. 18th in three minutes flat only to be told by the registrar that my music class had been authorized NOT MATH! Immediately afterwards I went to her office, wrote a letter and pinned it to her door to make sure that she got the message that if I took time out of my day to come here then you should do the same and authorize my math course!

Oh I had an okay day at work completing 22 cases though I made some mistakes but that was to be expected since this was the first full day by myself. And, if I didn’t panic, was furloughed (there were two thirty-minutes time lapses where nothing happened) and made some really silly errors, my total would be higher (Well, there’s always tomorrow!)

Fifty cases per day is the personal goal for each employee after thirty days on the job and measuring my initial progress, I know that I will reach. What this job is teaching my patience and listening because I do not have all of the answers so hearing the other person who is giving instruction is important. Employing these skills after returning from Tri-C calmed me and enabled me to prioritize and regain focus which I used to clear my second batch of cases.

Using this momentum, I confidently walked into microeconomics and actively participated in the chapter 4 discussion of money and velocity. The study guide has really helped me immensely because I fully understand the concepts now! My personal goals by Wednesday are to complete reading Chapter 4 and solve the study guide vocabulary and some graphs just in case the professor mentions that the midterm (Preparation is a must!)

And speaking of preparation tomorrow is micro midterm prep day where we can ask questions about the upcoming exam. Though the professor mentioned that he graded using a curve with 16-18 out of 30 questions was passing, I wanted to score 21 (a C at least!). The first time I scored a measly 13! This will change because after reviewing my errors, I now know what the test bank is spitting out. Honestly, I considered buying the study guide since the mscro helped me so much (can lightning strike twice in the same spot?) Maybe, but I did still study.

No comments: