Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One Year and Counting


            I have celebrated my one year anniversary with my current employer.  I have learned to become more self-reliant since my current agency doesn’t offer clear instructions like my former agency.  Thus far I’ve spent money enrolling in several online statistics courses.  Currently, I am enrolled in intro to quantitative risk analysis to learn more about creating model to predict the riskiest clients saving us millions of dollars.  Even though my agency wants this to happen, it doesn’t have a plan ironed out; therefore, I’ve taken the initiative.  This initiative has helped me become stronger. I admit that in the beginning I was over my head; however, I’ve managed to right the ship acquiring a new level of resiliency in the process.  Furthermore, having taken all of these classes have me contemplating going to doctoral school for either statistics or biostatistics. One year from now, I will have my promotion and a clearer understanding. Most importantly, I will look back at today and say ‘what a piece of cake!’

No comments: