Saturday, April 13, 2013

Countdown to Fashion Week Cleveland 2013


I am very giddy with excitement to book my downtown Cleveland Hampton Inn room for Fashion Week Cleveland.  I’ll be back in my hometown from May 9th through May 13th. I think that I have my fashion week wardrobe assembled because today I’ve gone shopping at CUSP Georgetown, Nordstrom Tysons and downtown H and M.  First, I print the 20% off CUSP coupon, hail the circulator and enter CUSP. Immediately I love the 7 for All Mankind gold snakeskin print jeans (and they are size 31!) and the red Velvet strapless maxi.  I am extremely happy that even the sale is 20% off.  I return home, check the WMATA schedule, then walk to McPherson Square metro.  I board the orange line for Dunn Loring to transfer to the 2C…only to see the both the 2C and 401 come 3 minutes early forcing to pay $10 for a cab ride (Of course, I’ve filed a complaint because even with the long light I would’ve made it.). 
Since I already have the Alice+Olivia floral jeans and I’ve bought a new pair of jeans, I’ve written the Ted Baker London ones off of my list focusing only on the floral dress.  I go to the dressing room where it fits so I buy it.  Next I walk into Via C where I meet the saleswoman who’s held the Alice + Olivia leopard print trench coat.  Wearing black t-shirt and gold Stuart Weitzman Itsybitsy sandals, the trench coat perfectly complements my look; but, at $478 it probably costs as much as my Cleveland room (it is $450 for a 4-night stay.). I return it to the rack and proceed to the Coastal Flats for lunch.

Ted Baker London


The shrimp and crab appetizer and shrimp roll sandwich and fries are yummy! The portion sizes are very big making me carry the sandwich home. Also I make the waiter pack my food because that’s what I pay him.  I don’t wrap my own food because I am the patron. 

Crab and Shrimp Appetizer

Shrimp Roll Sandwich and Fries


Next I travel to H and M to buy the rainforest maxi and shirt dresses.  Since the Tysons Corner location is sold out of the sateen floral capris, I’ve traveled to the downtown DC store to get them.  Finally, I buy the Express purple maxi dress.  All of these floral dresses and this being spring make me think that I have already have my fashion week Cleveland wardrobe.

Express purple floral maxi dress

H and M Rainforest Shift Dress

H and M Rainforest Maxi Dress


No comments: