Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lose to Win


             I’m quitting intro to quantitative risk analysis because the software company wants me to use my work email.  I can only use it at work not home.  I buy the book but cannot use it. I email the online college and the software liaison of my decision because I just want this over with already.  Now my focus is on project management. I’ve purchased the corresponding book but cannot use it which is frustrating.  Therefore, I just might return it. It’s with amazon and the truth is that the book isn’t needed for the class.
            I have to turn down my cousin begging for money. This time she’s asking for $20-$30. I tell her that I cannot because of my rent which is true.  I just feel that it is eerily convenient that she’s asking me first. I tell my father about this. I don’t tell her how I’ve given her $100 for Christmas presents. Personally, I think it’s unfair that she begs me for money.
            Yes! I’ve paid $293 for PMP software but it’s my money and I’ve budgeted for it. I haven’t budgeted to take care of her, her children and myself.  In the past month I have started standing up for myself because I’m not tolerating craziness anymore. I’m paying my bills and focusing on me!
            On a much happier note, today is my mother’s and aunt’s birthdays. I will eat a late dinner at Policy restaurant reflecting on everything.  I have grown enormously this year.  I am learning to work on me more than ever and when to focus on myself.
            I eat dinner at Policy last night because it was my money.  The nerve of my cousin to contact me thinking that I am her personal piggy bank!  I try out the brisket sliders which were delicious!  Chewing every morsel was my personal revenge at her thinking that she could just disrupt my life like it was nothing!  Well, I get the last laugh. Ha!

Policy DC Brisket Sliders and Fries

No comments: