Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Finally! My Skirt is Done!

Finally, after five classes (the three-session Perfect Your Skirt, the private session and today’s open session), I have finished sewing my skirt. I’m so happy to finish it that I run into the bathroom, take off my skinny jeans, and put it on for one of the instructors to photograph me.  I originally ended up at Bits of Thread because DC Fashion Incubator didn’t have instructors for its textiles and patternmaking courses. I refused to wait for the organization to get them else I’d still be waiting because it is 6 weeks after the Apparel design course ended on March 2nd, DC Fashion Incubator still didn’t have any teachers. However, I’ve soldiered on creating my skirts and learning how to sew. Check it out!

Me in my new skirt that I've sewn myself!

No comments: