Monday, December 30, 2013

Not Waiting Until 2014 to Clean My Financial House

            I transferred some money from my savings to my checking to payoff my Perkins student loan. I figured that I had the money why wait until 2014 to pay it off.  Furthermore, it would decrease my indebtedness, increase my creditworthiness, receive a payoff letter that I can send to all three credit bureau, and help my 2013 tax situation. 
The momentum I created today won’t stay in 2013. It would continue well into 2014 because I aim to payoff another student loan.  I have already decided to pay money each paycheck to accelerate my repayment. I will be done by July 1, 2014.  When I receive my state and federal tax refunds, I will use these funds to pay down my debt. Improving my finances are a 2014 resolution.  Even if it means my missing NBA All-Star then so be it because my credit rating matters more.

No comments: