Sunday, December 22, 2013

Don't Complain, Make a Plan!

            Yesterday something urgent popped into my brain out of nowhere. Instead of letting fear consume me, I decided to start working (through the USA Network’s Indiana Jones marathon which took dedication because I loved Indy!).  Once I gained a rhythm, the fear dissipated.  Before leaving for dinner at a restaurant, I completed most of it. While awaiting my meal, I whipped out my notebook and started jotting down my plan. The fresh air helped because I no longer felt confined to my apartment.  There was an energy of fear permeating that place. It didn’t seep out into the open so getting out of my apartment let my brain decompress.  I wrote down everything I fear and created a plan to overcome it.  There were no complaints, excuses or obstacles. I just wrote down my own timeline of how I would accomplish everything.  Calmly writing down everything and making a plan eliminated all of my fears allowing me to push forward. Exiting the restaurant, I felt better ready to face next week with a plan. I didn’t waste any time or energy on fretting, I decided to plan making my shorten Christmas holiday week more effective.

No comments: