Saturday, December 07, 2013

Things Are Never What They Seem

             Speaking with my life coach has helped me clarify things. First, I’ll survive my current workplace Second, since I was promoted in August and that should be my FY13 annual rating, I should demand 2 5s and 2 4s. A promotion is the highest award you can receive so why not start there? My supervisor signed it so she can’t dispute it. End of story. Third, tread lightly on asking about the government shutdown. That might bring up a red flag. I ‘ll ask the contractor about this since she’s  worked during the government shutdown. That might bring up a red flag. I ‘ll ask her about since she’s a contractor who worked during the government shutdown. I’ll ask her about starting pay so that I don’t undercut myself. I want to start at $120,000. Also ask about work schedule and holidays off. Fourth, I will make my life coach proud next Thursday by executing on Wednesday’s interview. There’ll won’t be a letdown just to generate a story. This time will be different. The narrative is that I would’ve received two promotions in one year. It’s not the way I want but it’ll due. I will end 2013 on a high note. Remember, life is all about resiliency.

No comments: