Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

I have a Wednesday interview but I know nothing about the industry. I need to get out of my current workplace because it is zapping my energy. There is too much toxicity and ego. I am very happy to humble myself pushing mine aside to ask someone more qualified for advice.
It is amazing how much help you can receive when you ask and have good energy.   I am a big believer on karma which is why I emit positive energy even on negative days. Why be down when I can be up? Also as a Type A, I employ my research skills to solve problems, however, this time, I don’t know anything about the consulting industry and since I know someone who works there, I’ve decided to ask.

 I am preparing for a consulting interview and I email a contractor who works at my current agency.  We’re LinkedIn connections so I drop her an email.  She supplies me with so much information and insights like pay structure, career track and proposal writing. I have googled the firm finding a contract and am considering taking some Foundation Center grant writing classes to improve my skills.  It is essential to think beyond the ground floor with me.  The phone interviewer tells me that not having a consulting background so it’s necessary to acquire these writing skills to make myself the best candidate. Also she tells me that it is okay to ask about the possible government shutdown coming in January (My life coach was against it but since the professional confirmed my original line of questioning, I will ask that question. I am disaster-funded so I’d still be working if not hired by the consulting firm).  

No comments: