Monday, December 09, 2013

Taking Time for Me

            After being in the heavy snow flurries yesterday I thought that the federal government would close today. My body was all ready for a ‘snow day’ (DC is a Southern city. As a native Clevelander a couple of inches of the white stuff doesn’t shut down my city! But, I will take it however I can get it!). However, that wasn’t the case: raggedy Office of Personnel Management (OPM) only gave a 2-day delay. Ba Humbug! This was the Christmas season. Why OPM wanted to put a coal in my stocking was beyond me. After checking my leave calculator, I (and my body) decided to stay home today. I took time for me because I needed to with everything that was happening.  I needed a break plus I didn’t want to fall on the sidewalk en route to the metro; fight it out in freezing sleet during the afternoon and the very real possibility of it freezing overnight. Hopefully this time OPM will close the government doing everybody a favor. In the meantime, I am taking it easy.

No comments: