Sunday, May 15, 2016

10 Years Strong


Today is my 10th work anniversary. I started working at the Bureau of Economic Analysis as an Economist on May 15, 2006. I have made significant amount of personal and professional progress in a decade. I worked there for 6 years. BEA has moved from DC to Maryland. I have moved on from BEA but since live in DC. When I walked back from seeing my officemates, I felt like it was survivor of the fittest because DC had undergone a lot of changes but I survived them. After 4 promotions in 9 years, a couple of discrimination complaints and fighting off eviction due to a new company wanting to raise the rent and push out poor people, I was still there!

Now I am at the beginning of the new 10-year phase. I am an entrepreneur who is on the cusp of releasing my first book entitled Expand Your Personal Brand. If the first 10 years here in DC is any indication, I am onto bigger and better things! These first 10 years were just the warm-up!

Enjoyed this article? Sign up for my free email course here: http://carlarjenkins.com/course

No comments: