Saturday, April 30, 2016

Gratitude List - Day 8


                I have pulled myself up by the bootstraps and gone to the bank to enroll in its merchant services. I have overcome so much and not even a fire alarm evacuating the whole building across the street (the bank’s branch safety spot is the Starbucks). I need the merchant services in order to get my book sold at next month’s conference. Afterward, I have taken up a person’s recommendation to eat at the new chicken spot. It will be my last because I am not even full. What a waste! Back to Shake Shack I go. I am at least thankful that I have cash to go back and eat lunch twice. Moreover, a male employee says that I have swag because I am wearing my leopard-print Alice + Olivia raincoat and my green Banana Republic jumpsuit. Here is my gratitude list for today:

Gratitude List – Day 8

  1. I am alive with a dry roof over my head
  2. I have opened my merchant services account enabling me to take orders
  3. Amazon KDP has accepted my pre-order
  4. I have emailed half of the people whom have helped me throughout my book’s journey
  5. That I feel that my life is starting to get better
  6. I have money to pay my book edits
  7. I have a full selection of clothes to wear
  8. I have spoken with my father today


Launching my book is the scariest thing that I have ever done because I have never put my name on anything. It is now real. I am in business. Now I need some additional guidance. I am just happy that I am able to ask people for help. That’s big for me. 

No comments: