Sunday, April 24, 2016

Gratitude Journal : Day 3


The newness of the gratitude journey had worn off and it started feeling like work. Unlike Saturday morning when I awoke at 6am, I awoke at 8am and fell back asleep until 9am (I still caught Joel Osteen). I also did not know what I would be grateful for. I did know that I would not let my indecisiveness linger until the afternoon else nothing would get written. Even with my gratitude list, there would be no procrastination. I knew myself well enough to hammer out my gratitude list so here it was:
Gratitude – Entry 3
  1. Clean clothes
  2. Super Soul Sunday has a new episode
  3. Have food
  4. Wake up in peace
  5. My book progress of securing a Monday meeting with Robin
  6. To always be open to learning. Today I will learn about writing then publishing a book on Amazon in 2 hours


Super Soul Sunday had Iyanla Vanzant on it. She was transparent and wonderful. I particularly loved her saying that ‘people were on drugs because they were liars.’ That summed up drug usage. When you were high, you did not have to face the realities. Sobriety forced you to admit that you had to change because things were not working. I had that reality one month today. I earned my Certified Scrum Master (CSM) license in 6 days because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I hated inertia and potential employers coming back with the same response: what had you done besides PMP? I answered it with my CSM license. Overnight I qualified for three times as many jobs and went on 2 in-person interviews in 3 weeks. That had not happened in the past 7 months. Once again, Iyanla discussed always having a woman swoop in there during her darkest hours and saving herself because she had helped others. I did the same thing. I always gave without expectation. I always was a blessing to people. I prided myself on these two principles. Until Iyanla mentioned this, I never connected the serendipity of my life. When I fell out with Equity at the courthouse and needed a place to stay, my current landlady accepted my rental application on the same day. Now I was never a charity case or a lazy Lazarus but I was not lost on me that the safety net came out of nowhere. Super Soul Sunday magnified all of the good vibes that I received for being a blessing.
Attending the Amazon publishing ebook in 24 hours webinar was well worth the money. The moderator went from soup to nuts regarding the KDP platform. That course saved me time, money and agony. As a budding author, it was importantly to continually learn more about my new profession.

No comments: