Sunday, April 24, 2016

Gratitude Journal : Day 2


                I awoke thinking about nothing but gratitude. It was on my brain all day yesterday and this morning. I also awoke at 6am to do laundry. There is a stillness and serenity about being the only person awake in your condo building on Saturday at 6am. It is not a workday so people are sleeping in. I load my first two bags of laundry then walk to the ATM for extra cash. Outside displayed a quietness too because there are too many cars. At 6am I did not think that the buses were running yet so I walked away without man-made noise pollution. I finished laundering close at 9:20am. People started awaking and being on their day. By then I had already completed half of my to-do list (the other being writing down all of my book edits). I went to the CVS to mail my mother’s and aunt’s birthday cards, picked up lunch and dinner then returned to write Ellen’s letter. I also wrote down my gratitude list. Here it was below:

Gratitude – Entry 2:
  1. I am alive.
  2. I have the mobility and strength to do 8-9 loads of laundry and walk to the DuPont Circle ATM
  3. To have the money in my checking account to withdrawal $10
  4. I have a dry place to live while it is raining.
  5. I have the money to pay Sharvette for my website upgrades
  6. Food to eat.
  7. Have the money to buy two birthday cards


I felt a certain amount of progress writing it before noon versus yesterday afternoon when I got the epiphany. I was serious about turning my energy and life around. Unbeknownst to me, Periscope would play another big role in my life today.
                I watched Robin Devish’s hourly scope-a-thon where she broadcasted different book publishing topics. She ran the gamut from why her first self-published book failed to the business of books. Although I had the business formation, US copyright, and copy editing down pat, I still learned a whole lot about from her. I learned that I could resubmit my US Copyrights Office application because my book title changed and I edited my book; I needed a sales plan for both my book and my business; and I should focus on selling my book first then look at the data and sell my audiobook and workbook. Yesterday I showed gratitude for being able to learn from anyone. Now this came to fruition through watching Robin on Periscope. She provided us with her email. I submitted all of my information. I was surprised that she said that I was farther along and ready to be successful. That comment lifted my sails because it was coming from a professional! I was just grateful that a professional gave me an opportunity to contact her. I never expected that response.
                Furthermore, I also watched Arvin’s Periscope about the writing and publishing a book in 24 hours. Now I would be the first to admit that I liked structure (LLC and US Copyright Office); yet, publishing a book in 1 day would be great for my thought process. I already came into the class with a project management ebook idea. However, it grew to include the idea that using this 24-hour turnaround would help me generate free resources and lead magnets for my business. In addition, I would learn how to upload a book on Amazon. Moreover, that course would have a 7-day replay allowing me to learn at my own pace.  This gratitude thing was starting to work out and paying some dividends. 

No comments: