Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Redeeming Qualities

Rats! I have bombed two questions on the math economics final. All I want to do is score 80% but now I will be happy with a 70%. What is so disappointing is that I have studied and read the material. This is the second time that I have taken this course which is incredibly discouraging. It would be one thing if I haven’t put any effort into this thing. However, I have done just that which is why I am hurt right now because math economics is like day and night versus econometrics. At least I have econometrics where I can redeem myself. I have been earning 96% on my research report. This week I am looking forward towards submitting my final econometrics assignment and other homework because I will receive an A. Having scored an A at the USDA Graduate School, I want to keep my A here. I can still redeem myself. In the meantime, I will focus on econometrics and project management.

I know the reason why I am not fretting as much over math economics is because of project management. This is one event. Earning my CAPM certification redeems my spring and summer. Now I can devote myself towards project management. The CAPM is straightforward. There is no professor using me as a guinea pig to publish his new textbook. Manny is trying to get me ready for acing the certification test the first time. Now I can reread my PMBOK and doing my brain dump. Even with econometrics right around the corner, I will reread the first four chapters of PMBOK by next week. This Friday is my off day so I will dedicate myself towards project management. I still feel that another employer will call me in for an interview before May 19th so it is essential that I get everything read before May 12th. This extra week lets me review the material before taking the CAPM. Possessing the CAPM certification before entering the interview puts my resume on top! I really want to work at the Bureau where I can help people. This is one of the reasons for pursuing my CAPM certification. I get be of service helping people. I remember what it was like dealing with a shady creditor without any government help. Now I will be in a position to help others suffering in silence. After finishing the CAPM, I will write down a lessons learned then submit my PMP application to sit for the exam. I will finish way before August 1st because I envision myself attaining both licensures before my birthday. I want to have some kind of metrics because I feel as if I am running in place for the past two years. Receiving my CAPM and PMP guarantee that I am farther along in my professional progress and measly math economics cannot deter me from this!

No comments: