Monday, April 18, 2011

Project Management Brain Dump Assignment Forces Reassessment

Doing the project management brain dump forces me to change my studying approach. Now I will start from the beginning by outlining chapter 1. I will do this later today since my PMBOK is at home. I am happy to discover this now instead of later because I can make-up for lost time. I can finish rereading chapters 1 through 4 by Thursday and finishing chapters 5 and 6 by Sunday even with the final review sessions. I will not be stopped! Completing ½ of the PMBOK this week is realistic given that I have already read 1/3 of the book. Furthermore, Manny says that I should read the PMBOK three times. The first time I’ve read it, I haven’t picked up on the definitions. Now that I will be rereading the material, I can do this. I want to be just like that old man in class who remembers every single definition. Memorization is indispensable since I feel that I must read ahead in order to sit for the exam. For some reason, I feel that a potential employer will interview me either this week or next. In two weeks having ¾ of the PMBOK read positions me to ace the certification exams. I don’t know why my intuition is telling me this. I guess it is the rapidity of the Bureau’s response to my Policy Analyst fellowship application. I am ready to go for it because I am a winner! I just pray that I don’t have to take it the same week as my AU finals else there will be some problems. However, if so then I think that I can manage this.

In addition, I will keep a journal chronicling everything that’s happening. This week, I will complete the certification's application Excel spreadsheet submitting it to Manny for him to review it. Since I will reread the first four chapters, filling out the application is will be easy. I will be proactive because you only get in what you put out and my intention from the beginning is to ace both certification exams during my first try. I will email Manny about this because taking the first one is the cheaper, easier route. I want to be able to know what the exam looks like before putting down more money for the second test. I will ask him after the second class because I want this held in confidence. I am thinking about sending it to him Friday, Saturday the latest. Manny says that I must view this endeavor as a project if I am going to pass the test on my first try. I am ready to tackle this and anything else that comes my way!

No comments: