Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Seeking New Challenges

Ben Silverman’s promotion as co-chairmen of NBC Entertainment and the NBC Universal Television Studio, has inspired me to examine my current and future progress. He is 36 years old and by age 36, I will have graduated from Harvard’s Business Economics doctoral program and still be on the fast track to become this agency’s Chief Economist (I will also be married and a homeowner!). His ascension coupled with a friend's economics professorship challenges me to reassess my long-term goals. I can foresee myself as a tenured professor who is also a Fortune 500 CEO. Furthermore, I will have the first non-white firm to be included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA). This will happen because I will make it happen! Kevin Liles, current record president and author of the book entitled, Make It Happen!, has begun his music career as an unpaid Def Jam intern rising through the corporate ranks to become label president; and, one the label was acquired by Universal ascended to is presidency. I, too, remembered my days as a non-paid intern; and, it still amazes me that at the end of my twenties, I have fully realized my goal of becoming an Economist, but I have so much more inside of me to explore and offer. I refuse to be content (Working at a top statistical agency, is a badge of honor, however, I define my life and career.) because I know that I can do so much more.

No comments: