Monday, May 14, 2007

Opportunity Journal Entry #6: Taking Credit

When the landlady told me what the rent would be for next year (it was super affordable!), immediately I shifted into high gear. Earlier this morning, I checked UDC's 2006-2008 catalog for calculus II and it will be offered immediately after my AU classes. This discovery further motivates me to return back to Washington, DC. During my lunch break, I've traveled to the university's mathematics department to obtain additional information. The doctor has told me that my calculus course depends upon the course description. I ask for the fax number and when I return to the office, I've faxed this information; and, tomorrow I will fax my syllabus. In addition, I've checked the university's off-campus housing and viewed the real estate listings.

Financially, I've filed both online and telephone disputes to all three credit bureaus to clean up my credit. Even though the post office has raised stamps to 41 cents, I've still assembled my credit dispute letter package including a copy of my payoff letter. Talking to the representatives has helped me immensely because I've received my new confirmation numbers and timelines. All of this should be resolved by early June. Taking control of my finances have eliminated (sort of) the fear of not resigning my VA lease.
It is important to take advantage of all available opportunities abound because these will position me to harvest low-lying fruit!

No comments: