Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Liberation

In between eating lunch at my desk and pondering tomorrow's apartment viewing, I realized that before I signed my life (well, one year of my life) away to a landlord, I must conduct due diligence by revisiting my old stomping grounds where I arrived one year ago. Boarding the red line, I arrived in Friendship Heights to write down some apartment names and inquire about apartment listings. Both secretaries helped me immeasurably. During the first, I thought about how much my financial position had changed since last year and how grateful I was to have the money and the credit to rent. Leaving both rental offices, embarking on my return to work, little did I know walking down Wisconsin Avenue doodling about achieving financial liberty, that the school would accept my credits! Right after exiting the Farragut North red line subway station from apartment hunting, I called the head of the math department who informed me that UDC accepts my USDA calculus I class! This is great because now I will retake not only calculus I but take calculus II. This presents another opportunity to excel because my goal is to complete both classes and land into calculus III this fall. However, I wills till remain diligent especially since I haven’t taken a class at UDC and therefore do not know the teaching style; yet, I am hopeful that I will excel wherever I am placed!

After processing all of this information, I asked my boss about the status of my promotion to which he replied that he hadn’t spoken to his superior yet; but, that he would. Furthermore, he declared that my performance on these estimates served as a great indicators as to whether or not I would receive one. Hmmm! Well, all righty then. At least I was working on them and asking questions because now I have something to shoot for; and, by the time I lay on the sunny beach on Brazil, I will know that my raise will be awaiting me! J

No comments: