Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Clearing the Benchmark

Yesterday’s meeting with my boss helped me set a benchmark for achieving success. Thus it was important to finish the first estimate by Friday. I needed to send a message that I would be a ZP-III Economist! This motivated me to excel on my work!

During my Toastmasters meeting, I met my coworker's husband who graduated with his economics doctorate which was truly inspiring (What was less inspiring was that very same coworker trying to correct me when I mentioned that he would receive GS-12 ranking. She remarked that he would command more than that [Not so with him being straight out of grad school; but, I digressed.]). Every morning I envisioned myself earning my doctorate working as the Chief Economist or starting my own business en route toward becoming the first black woman of my wholly owned Fortune 500 firm!

Since most top-tier doctoral schools have daytime curricula, I will build my clientele to sustain myself. Entrepreneurship pushes me to the next level. Upon graduation, my company will have a market capitalization of over $2 million.

No comments: