Sunday, October 05, 2014

PMI-PBA Weekly Progress


                This week I will improve my PMI-PBA exam score by reading BABOK chapter 4 and taking two traceability and monitoring drills. I have scored 25% in this domain which is completely unacceptable. By next Sunday, my traceability and monitoring score will move up to 62% (61% is the minimum passage rate). These two drills give me more practice to see more exam-related questions. I know that I am capable of passing the PMI-PBA on the first try. I have passed the PMP the first time. I am happy to have purchased the PMI-PBA online exam simulation instead of cross-referencing the CBAP practice exam because the former has shown me my weak areas. I am no longer walking around blind anymore because I know how to address my weaknesses. That’s the one thing I don’t want to do when I walk into Prometric this fall and take the PMI-PBA exam.

                The PMI-PBA certification affords me more cross-disciplinary opportunities out there. I have received a phone interview for an adjunct position. The college combined its economics and business administration departments. This benefits me because I have economics and business administration degrees. Also the PMI-PBA can fill the void because this is a small private college which does not have anyone who can merge the two disciplines. Obtaining the PMI-PBA certification not only bridges the gap but makes me indispensable. I love teaching because I get to communicate and share ideas and information. This motivates me to earn my PMI-PBA.

No comments: