Monday, October 06, 2014

PMI-PBA Self-Investment and Learning that PMI Will Publish a Business Analysis Practice Guide

                Buying the Business Analyst’s Mentor Book is my best PMI-PBA investment thus far because it deciphers all of the business analysis jargon into understandable concepts. I have read 41 pages. Even though I am resting my fingers, I do see myself completing another 41 pages tomorrow and finishing the book by Wednesday when my physical book arrives.  When I get the physical book, I will reread the book and write down anything this is new. I might even write down BABOK definitions to incorporate the formal business lexicon that is on the PMI-PBA exam.  I know that this Handbook will increase my PMI-PBA online exam score. This week when I take another 50-question practice exam, I will score over 75%.  I have to because I am working on improving my scores.

                Furthermore, I have learned through my LinkedIn PMI-PBA study group that PMI will publish its Business Analysis Practice Guide online on October 28th.  It’ll be free. In between now and then, I will read Business Analyst’s Mentor Book, BABOK, and PMBOK chapters 5, 6, 8, 10, 13. I am will be well-read and prepared to read the PMI guide. I know that following this plan gives me a very good chance of passing the PMI-PBA exam the first time.

No comments: