Friday, April 27, 2007

The Friday After

After finishing two term papers, I declared that I would buy a steak from a high-end restaurant in downtown DC, a swanky place where the politicos hammer out deals; however, after seeing that it cost $20, I opted for the veal that cost $14. Omg! Even in victory, I was cheap! No, I digressed. I was financial astute!

During the lunch, I decided to forego preparing for the macro final exam because I needed down time to breathe after typing and revising 38 pages. Yikes!

The Best Line of Today is from Russell Simmons’ new book Do You: Please don’t tell me you quit your job, or you can’t get ahead at your job, because of a glass ceiling,” he writes, adding after an unprintable exclamation: “If you think there’s a glass ceiling holding you back, then you’re a slave.” Then he urges: “Shatter that glass, brush off the shards and get on with your vision.”

This is why I know that I will become the first black female Fortune 500 CEO because I refuse to allow anything to hold me back! I am a fighter and continue to put God first, I will be successful!

No comments: