Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April Showers Bring May Flowers

April is financial literacy month and I will dedicate myself towards improving my finances. Today my counselor informed me that it received the extra money from the previous creditor and asked what I wanted to do with the money. Immediately, I instructed her to apply it to my current balance. This amount coupled with my monthly payment would accelerate my payoff.

More good news: I received an email from a college loan officer notifying that my credit dispute had been resolved and that only positive information would be on my report! This would assuredly boost my credit score.

The best news of today: My internet bank told me that I would earn 6% APY on all new money deposited into my savings account until April 30th. All the more reason to stash money there! By May 15th, I will have accumulated enough to pay for my summer class, relocation and vacation!

No comments: