Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Two Steps Forward with Feet Firmly Planted on the Ground

Last month, paying off my smallest creditors while paying down my second-smallest creditor were my two biggest financial goals. And after accomplishing them, I moved full steam ahead by paying off the second smallest creditor. By the end of the this year, I will be debt free!

My poor financial mismanagement is the real why I reside in Virginia instead of DC but by August, I will be back in the city! I can almost feel it because my credit score will have increased over 100 percentage points. Coupled with my income and much improved saving habits, and I will return in better shape than when I departed.

This one year exile has made me become more fiscally responsibility for every decision that I make. If I don't understand something, I ask numerous questions. I am unafraid of looking too bossy. This is my money therefore, it is my life! I have taken control of everything from my money to my career. Even though I have been here for only ten months, I have taken five computer training courses, and participated in two organizational conferences to enhance my economic understanding. I vie for more challenging assignments because I hate complacency and stagnation! I can envision myself as a ZP-III Economist and will accomplish this in May.

Envisioning myself as a wealthy woman has broaden my outlook and has touched every aspect of my life. Now that I can envision myself doing these things, I no longer feel inadequate. For instance, when I saw my Perkins Loan bill and realized that it was less than two of my credit cards, I began developing an action to payoff the total amount rather than defer it. After my credit card debt, I will tackle my student loan. I can see myself as totally debt free by age 35. This is what I mean by taking two steps forward with my feet firmly planted on the ground!

No comments: