Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Seize Opportunities II

Though this is the end of winter, the spring cleaning vibe has invaded my psyche! I am so happy to have applied to two universities that are highly reputable but will save me thousands of dollars.

I have just returned from two trips to the university where I will transfer (one to submit my application, resume and official transcripts, the second to deposit the $70 application fee) and Chipotle for my lunch (I budgeted for this because I would be out of the office during lunchtime). A customer service representative immediately emailed me a confirmation to which I asked about if the school has received my check. The woman whom I handed my application packet on the first trip acknowledges the check's receipt upon my inquiry about sending my GRE scores. I feel so much better than before because I know that the school will promptly process it. Now all that is outstanding are my recommendations and one has already been mailed.

During the final stages of preparation, I read the course descriptions and discovered that statistics was a prerequisites for econometrics. This motivated me to complete my distance learning statistics class by the end of April so that I could transfer it to my new school. This will allow me to take required courses, thus, accelerating my graduation.

1 comment:

aeiou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.