Thursday, March 29, 2007

Financial Spring Cleaning

These past two days, I have received financial confirmation from newspapers and commentators regarding my decision to start spring cleaning my finances. In today's Washington Post Michelle Singletary's column about spring cleaning, resonates with me because this Monday I pulled my credit report and was surprised by the abundance of wrong information on it. Immediately I wrote the three credit bureaus and filed electronic disputes. These corrections will boost my score and save me money! Also I am awaiting April when I can request my second payoff confirmation letter. The representative mentioned that the bank had to hold the money for thirty days to verify the funds. Afterward, the bank would report to the credit report late April/early May. By May 15th, everything will be resolved!

Yesterday I posted a question on a MSN message board regarding my credit score and the counselor congratulated me on nearly completing my program. He also told me that my score would receive a boost because I paid all of the money instead of settled, however, because several different variables he could not specifically determine my score.

Earlier this morning, I've realized that after being here for two years by summer 2008, I will be able to purchase a home. Also by then all of my creditors will have been paid off and I will have enough for the down payment. It is important to be proactive because financial spring cleaning is my goal!

No comments: