Monday, March 19, 2007

Seize Opportunities

Earlier this morning I emailed my advisor about taking the majority of my economics classes at USDA but the program rebuffed. Instead of getting mad, I got active by visiting all of the local DC economics grad school then I stumbled upon a local grad school with cheaper tuition and an easier applicaton process. Reading the graduate program's curriculum, I know that I can graduate within one year. Also these summer classes are offered during reasonable hours meaning that I do not have to adjust my schedule. This summer I will take at least two classes maybe three. If I like this program, I will transfer all of my AU credits.

Immediately I called the office for pertinent information (FAFSA, GRE, recommendations). Tuesday I submit my application, resume and official transcripts to the downtown office because it is imperative to seize this opportunity! Submitting all of my information ASAP allows me to concentrate on securing two recommendations. This liberates me from being stuck in Virginia! I am not worried about not being accepted because I am already an Economist who has received stellar performance evaluations. Now it is time to realize the abundance of available opportunities that abound!

No comments: