Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring Break Reflections

This week I have been out of school (for the most part) and out of the office attending a policy conference, economist luncheon and two Toastmaster events. These events allow me to gain perspective about the importance of balancing work, school and life. This entire week, I haven't done any homework. Instead I shopped for career clothes, arrived home early and rested and just plain enjoyed myself knowing that come next week, the daily grind will resume.

I needed this break because the twin dynamics of attending school and week had zapped my vitality! I was so dogg tired that my muscles were always tense and contracting. I just felt tired. However, since I did not have those stressors, I could just rest, review my daily and weekly progress without time constraints.

Since today is the conclusion of spring break, here is what I have learned and accomplished:

That attending policy conferences, allowed me to learn new things and network with some fantastic people

That I need to take a break and listen myself every day. So I have included a wind-down phase to de-stress.

That I will elevate my game and complete all tasks on time. No excuses!

That as an American, I embody the requisite courage and perseverance to conquer anything. One the Toastmaster speaker mentioned these character traits and I totally agree because I rely on them to move from Cleveland and continue working while attending school. Immediately afterward, I mailed my first online statistics lesson in the pouring rain. As I walked to the post office to purchase a stamp, I realized the enormous amount of available opportunities that abound me; and, I refuse to allow rain to get in the way of this! Upon returning to my office reinvigorated with the thought that I can complete this online statistics class in my time frame, I packed everything in my book bag rejuvenated with the spirit of accomplishment that I can tackle whatever comes my way!

No comments: