Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rejuvenation and reconsideration

Rejuvenated from my three-day weekend, I am full of energy and vitality! Currently contemplating whether or not I should attend either Howard or American, I am rigorously researching both programs to evaluate which is the better fit with my career goals. Howard University has more math courses which is okay except graduating within one year is my goal. I have discarded trying to graduate by age thirty. My objective is to complete one chapter (masters) while opening another chapter (doctoral) school; however, I also acknowledge that my math skills are less than desirable so taking pre-calculus and calculus are priority.


Idea: Maybe instead of trying to compete and race around like a chicken with my head cut off, I should just pace myself by taking the math course first. These courses are extremely important to me. More so than trying to cram all of the other economics courses, besides I can audit econometrics and mathematical economics is offered both semesters so I will graduate. In addition, with the consortium, I can take the advanced statistics course in the spring ensuring that I will graduate on time.

In the meantime, I will just focus on exceling at my job and learning as much as humanly possible during my upcoming training session.

No comments: