Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Next Phase

Hello everyone in the blogosphere! After a three-week hiatus, I must update everyone on my transition from Cleveland, Ohio to Washington, DC. I have landed firmly on my feet with a full-time job and am settling this summer for a basement apartment in NW Washington, DC; however, after three months I’m probably moving because my entrance is right next the rose bushes and I am always fighting gnats and giant flies. The area is extremely upscale but I refuse to inherit a bug problem to stay there!

Also I am studying to take the GRE but I haven’t really adjusted to relocation so I do not know if I want to receive my MA in Economics. I have headaches and at times have been lethargic as if all of my energy has been zapped. Hopefully, by the end of August I will receive a jolt because right now I feel spent (Watching the NBA conference finals and not receiving eight hours of sleep might be the culprit also.) Solving the test’s quantitative section made me realize that I needed to learn the basic geometry formulas to improve my math score by 8 points; thereby, ensuring that my goal of scoring 710 is achieved.

Good news! The DC Library has learn-a-test which allows me to study for the GRE exam. The database also has algebra and geometry practice tests which I will take full advantage of to boost my score!

There have been wonderful moments in Washington, DC. The Memorial Day Parade on Constitution Avenue was magnificent. After Monday’s festivities I vowed to attend the Fourth of July and Labor Day parades and to bring extra film to capture every moment! That experience made me want to explore the city more often and with no school this summer, the city is my oyster! This week I will go out and take in the city by attending some museums and art galleries. There is an abundance of things to do here. Why stay trapped in the basement!

1 comment:

Conservative Futurist said...

Welcome to DC, Carla! Any friend of Becky W. is a friend if a mine!