Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Working Woman

It has been more than six days since my last posting and it is time to update everyone in the blogosphere! This week marks my first week on the job and thus far it has been information overload! Professionally, I have two employment manuals (one general, one agency) then add work and two become a bit much at times. Personally, these two workloads tire me and therefore, I have unable to read my math questions (I still will to take the placement exam!)

However, there have been a series of good news: yesterday a U.S. Treasury HR rep contacted me to schedule a phone interview; but, I informed him of my present education and employment plans. Today he sent me a congratulatory email. Yesterday, I sat at the dorm dining room feverishly reading and completing microeconomic homework only to discover in class that the problems were due next week. In addition, today upon calling the economics department, the secretary notified me that she received my forwarded email from the community college, faxed my transient letter to the institution, and mailed the original plus a copy to my address! How good can it get?!

Hopefully this string of good luck continues throughout the week because Thursday is the Urban League Annual Meeting, voice class and the community college placement exam. Saturday is the Intermediate Algebra course. I need all of the help I can get. I think that this era of good feelings balances out my universe because next week, I will reside in the dorm allowing me to sleep an hour longer and reduce my commute time by an hour.

No comments: