Friday, January 06, 2006

Completed

Earlier today, I was stressed with obtaining my doctor’s signature to fax a letter informing the drug screening agency that I legally take prescribed medication; hunting down the third reference to complete my county job clearance application and register to ensure that I receive my financial aid check (Currently, I am broke with NO money; and, this check is the only way to purchase books and finance my education!) But let’s backtrack for a minute.

Yesterday I emailed the financial aid office, after two days of being placed on hold for at least 10 minutes, regarding registration and its impact upon my aid package. A representative called to inform me that if I didn’t register by 5pm today that my financial aid refund check wouldn’t be mailed January 13, 2006. Omg! Having only 35 cents in my wallet, I scurried the house looking for change. Luckily, I found $4 and proceeded to take the bus downtown to university registration to enroll on the spot (How else would I explain to them that I was a graduate student taking undergraduate economic courses without penalty?) I asked the receptionist about course registration and asked if I knew the courses which I want to register. I responded “Yes, but I didn’t know the section numbers” To which she replied that I had to log onto CampusNet. Okay but as a returning student and new computer system how could I do that? Returning to the desk, I told her that I didn’t have a password. She gave me the right instructions but the wrong directions to the phone to set my password. After this minor inconvenience, I went back to the computer to complete spring enrollment; however, the system shot back a non-permission failure message. Immediately I called the graduate economics department to inform it of my registration problem and that I needed to register by 5pm else I lose my financial aid. The secretary gave me permission to enroll electronically, but we discussed whether or not I should take precalculus. I decided against it back it would be deja vu all over again. During my first semester as a freshman I took precalculus and earned a D. Never again, I will just take my math during the summer; and, within a matter of minutes have complete the process.

Finally, everything is completed and I know that I will only be broke for two more weeks and the world is a much better place!

No comments: