Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Building PMI-PBA Test Stamina

                Having completed requirements management chapter 6, I am more than halfway done with this book. Finally, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and fully believe that I will finish outlining all eleven chapters. I will devote the weekend towards reviewing the case study and taking a 100-problem practice exam this time. It is all about reclaiming my momentum since I’ve stopped studying during the midterm election. Now that I am back, I am ready to read the material and measure my progress. This measurement includes increasing the number of questions. Since the actual test is 200 problems, it’s time to increase the number of questions. I must build up my stamina to sit for the real exam. Next week I will take my first 200-problem practice exam to evaluate my progress. Regardless of the results (and I am hoping for a minimum score of 70%), it is important that I get started. Furthermore, I will keep taking 200-problem exams the rest of the way because it is all about getting as many looks as possible. I am thinking that the drills and practice exams come from the same test bank so at some point I will see the same question. The bigger issue for me is to see patterns. If I am struggling in a particular domain then I will consider taking a 50-problem drill in addition to the 200-problem practice exam. Starting with the 100-problem practice exam this week and building up to the 200-problem practice exam next week will give me enough ‘looks’ to determine if I am ready to sit for the exam this December. 

No comments: