Saturday, March 02, 2013

Fashionably Late?...Never


            Initially I was against going to the final GWFCC fashion design 101 class but since I bought the Erin Fetherston lipstick jeans especially for the finale, I might as well sashay in there.  Though I made a pitstop at CVS for more posterboard and McDonalds for cinnabon for breakfast (who knew McDonald’s sold them at Union Station) and arrived at 11am (class started at 10am), I arrive.  Reading the fashion business book and cutting out more dresses have accelerated my progress because I am not that far behind the other classmates.  Though I haven’t carried a pencil due to my downsizing to one bag and leaving my purse at home, my instructor has mechanical ones.  When sketching, the instructor says that I should have multiple tops to a bottom.  I start sketching four different kinds of blouses and collars.  Next I ask her if I can replicate these collars on my dresses for my capsule collection and she says ‘absolutely’.  Though no one knows when patternmaking is happening, I have 6 sewing classes starting tomorrow.  I might not even be able to enroll in patternmaking due to my being booked the entire month for sewing.  I simply cannot wait for the organization to open classes when I have a vision and need to acquire the requisite skills to be bring it fruition.  Bits of Thread has a patternmaking class which I’ll enroll in April.  It all seems to be coming together.  


No comments: