Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Go? Maybe Not.


            I received an email from the very professor I contacted in regards to the status of a course I always wanted to take. Mid-February I asked her if that course was still a go; and, both she and the school said no due to low enrollment. This class cost $49 instead of $499 complete with a certificate upon finishing 50% of the coursework saving me $450! After the professor answered all of my questions, I purchase the book and the class.
            I was on cloud 9 until I took the first self-assessment quiz receiving a very low score.  The problem was the system didn’t provide instructions that there could be more than one answer. I inferred that there was only one answer per question.  I took a screen capture attaching it to my email explaining my confusion over lack of proper instructions. This is just messy! A couple of hours ago I was ecstatic about the prospect of taking this time. Now I was stuck thinking that I got what I paid for. Hopefully, the professor would add the instructions because that was a confusing quiz! Regardless, I purchased the book and at 101 pages looked like a short read. I will finish it supplementing the text with financial risk exercises.

No comments: