Sunday, March 24, 2013

Keep on Trying


            Yesterday I originally didn’t even want to drag myself to my Perfect Your Skirt sewing class because I felt like I was so behind. Last week the raggedy rock n roll marathon made me late and I was lagging behind everyone.  I arrived early to buy some fabric because I couldn’t get to any fabric store. I had a very hectic week that depleted my energy.  Luckily, I found some navy cotton fabric that was long enough to become a skirt. Yes!  Now onto the sewing.  Mind since I didn’t own a sewing machine I hadn’t practiced for a week.  This was my fourth time sewing.  I had to take out my seams many times because they were crooked.  In addition, I had to remove my knee-high boots twice while fitting my muslin skirt. I was walking around the floor with sub-zero temperatures.  My instructor told me that normally a tenant would live where the thermometer was so all the company had to do was tell him to turn it up.  It was bad enough that it was winter but to cut off the heat was equally bad. My tootsies were freezing! I did manage to make up some time by cutting my fabric and cutting a V into the seams.  Finally, I felt accomplished ready to return this Saturday to sew my skirt and invisible zipper together.  Below was the front and the back of my skirt. 


No comments: