Monday, April 23, 2012

Start

Start: (verb) 1) to begin or set out, as on a journey or activity.

            Today I start my first day in my newly-promoted position.  I am happy to defend myself against telework.  My work and personal lives don’t intersect.  Moreover, I’m not spending my money to purchase office supplies and use my computer and Internet to do my employer’s job; when I can go to the work site and my employer pays for all of this? Hey, if I’m spending my own money then I’m starting my own business!  Plain and simple.  I’m glad that I possess an economist’s mentality because the opportunity cost is too high to take a self-inflicted pay cut to ‘improve my efficiency and flexibility.’ This doesn’t make any sense!

            On a much happier note, I’ve created my own personal schedule where I will take at least 5 quality management Ed2Go courses, ace my quarterly review and pass my PMP exam by August.

No comments: