Sunday, January 17, 2010

Proactivity Blog Entry #5: Following Through with my Commitment

My commitment to rebuilding Haiti is unwavering as I continue using my Twitter page to inform my audience. Today I have retweeted non-profit organizations CARE and UNICEF USA. These are reputable organizations which will use donors' money for Haitian relief. Furthermore, I am retweeting Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti $5 cellular phone charity donation because the singer is in Haiti now. Moreover as a native he has always helped his homeland and I respect that. The rebuilding process will take at least 5 years. The first year is about stabilization because a 7.0 earthquake will dismantle any infrastructure be here or in Haiti. The second and third years will be about reestablishing the Haitian economy and encouraging foreign direct investment. The fourth and fifth years will be about returning to any kind of normalcy, if I can call it that, because really how do you accomplish that in the face of astronomical loss? This week I will continue giving money to Yele online (It will reach Haiti faster than my cell phone donation) and notifying my audience about progress.

1 comment:

Carter said...

What's your twitter ID?