Saturday, January 02, 2010

Proactivity Blog Entry #2: Following Through

This morning I have revised my resume and applied for seven positions because I really want the promotion. Instead of watching college football bowl games all day long, I have decided to sacrifice by investing time and energy in my pursuit towards ascending the corporate ladder. Completing the six statistics credits required to become a statistician have given me a real mental boost because now I can apply for more than one mission-critical occupation. Becoming a Senior Executive Service professional is my career objective; and, this demands GS-14 status. Securing the promotion ensures that I am one step closer towards bringing my dream to fruition. More importantly, I am looking for additional growth opportunities to broaden my reach. Working as a statistician on my Aspiring Leaders Development Program detail has given me insight into another occupation; and, this is something that I want to pursue. Furthermore, I am majoring in statistics so this job perfectly complements my studies. I receive graduate from the University of the District of Columbia in 2012. Hopefully, I will be a GS-14 by then.

No comments: