Thursday, January 14, 2010

Proactivity Blog Entry #4: Helping Haiti and Myself

Yesterday I donated $50 to Wyclef Jean’s Yele Haiti organization online, $5 to Yele via text message and $10 to the American Red Cross via text message. Two days ago on Tuesday, January 12, 2010, I started my Twitter advocacy. It continues today because the relief supplies will start arriving today. Furthermore, it will take at least 36 months to get over this hump because a 7.0 earthquake hit Haiti. When one of my Twitter friend asked what if everybody gave money everyday to crisis. I promptly responded that people give money everyday but the earthquake put people on alert. Ironically, this was when I realized that I did donate to Dress for Success and other non-profits to eliminate daily suffering. Now it is time to plug-in and donate even more money to ensure that people can eat, cloth, and start rebuilding.

No comments: