Monday, December 03, 2007

My Take On the BCS

Honestly, I feel that Ohio State should have played Hawaii since it is the sole undefeated team in the top 25 myself. That’s what I hate about the BCS. Ohio State deserves to be number 1 but should not Hawaii at least be number 2? Both teams win their respective conferences. Though many people proclaim that capitalism is the undercurrent for selecting LSU, remember Baton Rouge is 55 miles away from New Orleans so many of the hotels will go unfilled. If Hawaii is selected there will be virtually no vacancies since they will have to seek shelter on the mainland. Furthermore, how can the committee pick Kansas over Missouri when the Tigers not the Jayhawks make it to the Big XII championship? . The Jayhawks play only one top 25 opponent (Kansas State) so the BCS is bogus. Moreover, the Rose Bowl committee chooses traditional over reality by selecting Illinois over Georgia to play USC. I would prefer to see Georgia play USC However, the one decision I respect is to place LSU, the SEC conference champion, over Georgia who was ranked #4 in the BCS. If you cannot win your own division, you should not play in the championship period (Please take note Georgia football coach Mark Richt!)

2 comments:

CJP said...

I googled my name (Carla Jenkins Pratt) and ran across your blog. I found it interesting you happen to be discussing the BSC championship. I am a grad student at LSU, but not much of a sports fan...but I must say GEAUX TIGERS!!!
More power to you on your quest to become the first female Nobel Peace Prize winner in Economics.

Carla said...

Dear CJP:
Thanks so much for the positive Nobel Economics Prize comments. However, since Hawaii has gone undefeated, the Rainbow Warriors should be playing OSU not LSU which has lost it's number 1 ranking twice.