Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Haute Couture Christmas

Christmas present to myself: I have bought the Jimmy Choo shoes that I have always wanted (the red ones fit better than the black ones plus it’s my favorite color). However, they are four inches (I thought that since my 1 1/2 inch heels have a thinner heel, that the four inches' thicker heel would cancel out any uncomfortable feelings). Though I am 5’ 11” never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought that I would have to transform into Giselle, Tyra or Naomi (Secretly, I wonder how they do it especially when they have to break in new pairs of five inch heels minutes before embarking on the runway). They are so high that my right foot ALMOST cramped and these shoes work my calf muscles (I am used to flats but the ones at the store fit too snug and I worry about them rubbing against my toes). Furthermore, the carpet in my room and apartment are harder than the store’s compounding the problem. Oh well, I have four weeks to break them in so I will be okay! At least I have stayed within my budget!

No comments: